Below you find all practical information about the Antwerp Marathon.
Saturday October 21
- 10h00-17h00: Pick-up starter pack
Sunday October 22
- 08h00 : Pick-up starter pack
- 09h00: Start Antwerp 8K (official closing time start: 09h10)
- 09h30 : Start Antwerp Half Marathon (official closing time start: 09h40)
- 10h15 : Start Antwerp Marathon (official closing time start: 10h25)
- 16h00 : Official closing time finish
- Droogdokkenweg: start
- MAS, Oostendekaai: finish
- Orteliuskaai: race number pick-up, sports bag storage, changing rooms, recovery zone
1 week before the event, individually registered participants will receive a confirmation email with their personalised number (when subscribed until October 2) or an e-ticket. With this personal number or e-ticket, participants can pick up their participant package at the pre-registration desk on Saturday October 21 or Sunday October 22.
If you want to collect someone else’s bib number, you can only do so upon presentation of their confirmation email containing start number or e-ticket.
Saturday October 21: 10h – 17h
Sunday October 22: 08h – 10h
The starter pack contains:
- Personalised race number with your name*
- Unique medal at the finish for every finisher
- Participants of the marathon receive the exclusive Antwerp Marathon T-shirt for free
- Refreshment stations on the course and at the finish
- Storage for your sports bag
- Correct distance and time indication on the course and at the finish
- Results, available live in the event app and fully published official results on the website
- Detailed course description for every distance, which includes the refreshment stations.
- Sportinez-insurance during the races.
- Electronic chip at the back of the race number ensuring correct time registration
* Personalised race numbers are only available for participants registered online before 2 October 2023.
Do you want to change the distance or name? This is possible until 2 October 23:59 via email@example.com. Afterwards, changes are only possible at the registration desk on Saturday 21 October and Sunday 22 October.
Change of distance
- First take off you race number
- Change your distance at the stand ‘change of name/distance’ and get a new race number.
Changing to a lower distance is free of charge. For a higher distance, the difference in price will be charged.
Change of name
- Get the race number with the confirmation email from the person from whom you have taken over the starting number
- Have your details changed at the stand ‘change of name/distance’ and receive a new race number.
Do not forget to bring your ID. For a change of name there is a € 5 administration cost.
Supplies Antwerp Marathon
- Km 5 : water (Bar le Duc), sports drink (AA Drink),
- Km 10: water (Bar le Duc), sports drink (AA Drink)
- Km 15: water (Bar le Duc), sports drink (AA Drink), bananas
- Km 20: water (Bar le Duc), sports drink (AA Drink), bananas
- Km 25: water (Bar le Duc), sports drink (AA Drink), wine gums, salty biscuits, raisins
- Km 30: water (Bar le Duc), sports drink (AA Drink), bananas, salty biscuits
- Km 35: water (Bar le Duc), sports drink (AA Drink), wine gums, salty biscuits, raisins
- Km 40: water (Bar le Duc), sports drink (AA Drink), bananas
Supplies Antwerp Half Marathon
- Km 5: water (Bar le Duc), sports drink (AA Drink)
- Km 10: water (Bar le Duc), sports drink (AA Drink), bananas, salty biscuits
- Km 15: water (Bar le Duc), sports drink (AA Drink), wine gums, salty biscuits, raisins
- Km 20: water (Bar le Duc), sports drink (AA Drink), bananas
Supplies Antwerp 8K
- Km 5: water (Bar le Duc), sports drink (AA Drink), bananas
High-quality supplies will be handed out at the finish. There are toilets at every supply station.
Sports bag storage
During the event, you can leave your sports bag at the provided storage area on the Orteliuskaai. A sticker with a unique number will be attached to your bag and you will receive a sticker with the same number to attach to your ankle or wrist strap or bib number. Your unique number will also be written on your arm or hand. After participating in the event, you can collect your sports bag by showing your sticker and number on your arm or hand. If you lose your sticker, you will only be able to collect your sports bag after showing the number on your arm or hand and providing an accurate description of your bag and its contents to the organisation.
The organisation will take the necessary safety measures to guard the area as well as possible, but use of it is at your own risk. The organisation cannot accept any responsibility for possible damage, loss and/or theft of personal belongings.
- Use a properly lockable sports bag and make sure it is also properly closed so that no items can fall out of your sports bag.
- Do not leave any valuable items (such as Iphone, sports watch, wallet, etc.) in your sports bag.
- The organisation cannot accept any responsibility for possible damage, loss and/or theft of personal belongings.
Tents will be provided at the event site. Please note: There will be no showers.
A number of very experienced, mainly Belgian ultra-runners led by Marnix Callewaert, will fulfil the role of pacers for the Antwerp Marathon.
The pacers will easily be recognizable in their start boxes thanks to their coloured flags:
|ANTWERP MARATHON||ANTWERP HALF MARATHON|
|2u59 pink flag||1u30 pink flag|
|3u15 blue flag||1u40 blue flag|
|3u30 yellow flag||1u50 yellow flag|
|3u45 red flag||2u00 red flag|
|3u59 green flag||2u10 green flag|
|4u15 black flag|
|4u30 orange flag|
|4u45 gray flag|
|5u00 white flag|
A bracelet is provided for each participant: it shows the split times per kilometre you have to run to reach your desired finishing time. A useful reminder during the race, that you simply wear around your wrist! These straps are free to pick up on Saturday or Sunday at the registration zone.
Time limit Antwerp Marathon
The time limit for the Antwerp Marathon is 5,5 hours. By order of the police the roads will be opened for traffic based on this pace. Those who run more slowly will be asked to stop their race or continue running at their own risk, without the roads being cordoned off. The finish closes at 16h00.
Time limit Antwerp Half Marathon
The start will be given at 09h30. You have 2.5 hours to reach the finish.
SPORTOGRAF.COM is the official photo service of the Antwerp Marathon. These photographers have acquired a good reputation in recent years with their fully digital service and competitive prizes.
In view of the fact that they themselves are active runners, they have an outstanding feeling from the perspective of the participant.
On Sunday 22 October, your fan club will be able to follow your every move via the new live results page. You will be able to find live split times there, your end result after the race.